Buy Moon British Columbia
Tenth Edition, June 2014
Price: $19.99 USD
Price: $9.99 USD
British Columbia is filled with shining rivers, vibrant cities, and old-growth temperate rain forests. Experience everything this province has to offer with Moon British Columbia.
- Strategic itineraries in an easy-to-navigate format, such as “The Best of British Columbia,” “The Best of Vancouver & Victoria,” “Okanagan Wine Tasting,” “Top Ski Resorts,” and “Family Fun”
- Curated advice from local Andrew Hempstead
- Full-color with vibrant, helpful photos
- Detailed maps and directions for exploring on your own
- Activities and ideas for every traveler:Try to spot bears, moose, and elk on a hike through the verdant wilderness, or go whale-watching on the Pacific. Learn about the First Nations tribes’ colorful totem poles and sample indigenous foods. Kayak through icy fjords, ski Whistler’s world-class slopes, or admire the colonial architecture of British Columbia’s great cities
- In-depth coverage of Vancouver, Victoria and Vancouver Island, The Sunshine Coast, Sea to Sky Highway, Whistler, Gold Nugget Route, the Okanagan Valley, the Kootenays, the Canadian Rockies, Glacier National Park, Revelstoke, Kamloops, Mount Robson, Cariboo Country, Prince George, Prince Rupert, Haida Gwaii, Stewart-Cassar Highway, Alaska Highway, and The Yukon
- Current background information on the landscape, culture, history, and environment
- Essential insight for travelers on recreation, transportation, and accommodations, packaged in a book slim enough to fit in your backpack
With Moon British Columbia’s practical tips, myriad activities, and an insider’s view on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
As a professional travel writer, Andrew Hempstead spends as much time as possible on the road, traveling incognito, experiencing the many and varied delights of each destination just as his readers do. He looks forward to spending every second summer at home in the Canadian Rockies, traveling mountain highways and hiking trails, exploring new places, and updating old favorites.
Since the early 1990s, Andrew has authored and updated more than 60 guidebooks, and supplied content for regional and national clients like Expedia and KLM. His photography has appeared in a wide variety of media, ranging from international golf magazines to a Ripley’s Believe it or Not! Museum.
Andrew and his wife, Dianne, own Summerthought Publishing, a Canadian regional publisher of nonfiction books. He is a member of The Diners Club® World’s 50 Best Restaurants Academy. Andrew has also spoken on travel writing to a national audience and has contributed to a university-level travel writing textbook.
Andrew and his family live in Banff, Alberta.