Buy Moon Canadian Rockies
Eighth Edition, May 2016
Price: $19.99 USD
Price: $13.99 USD
Snowy peaks, icy glaciers, glittering lakes, and alpine meadows: answer the call of the wild with Moon Canadian Rockies.
What’s inside Moon Canadian Rockies:
- Strategic Itineraries in an easy-to-navigate format, such as “Best of the Canadian Rockies”, “Top 12 Day Hikes,” “Family Fun,” “Winter Adventures,” and a two-week Canadian Rockies road trip
- Curated advice from local Andrew Hempstead, who shares the secrets of his beloved mountains with you
- Full-color with vibrant, helpful photos
- Detailed maps and directions with driving times and mileage
- Activities and ideas for every traveler:Hike out to incredible vistas and see if you can spot wildlife like moose, bighorn sheep, and black bears. Ride over a glacier in an Ice Explorer, or float through the sky in a mountain gondola. Fish for your dinner, or white-water raft on rivers of snowmelt. Spend the night in a rustic mountain lodge, or camp out under the stars.
- In-depth coverage of Banff National Park, Kootinay National Park, Yoho National Park, Jasper National Park, Waterton Lakes National Park, and nearby gateway cities of Banff, Canmore, Jasper, Calgary, Radium Hot Springs, Invermere, Golden, and Kananaskis Country
- Background information on the landscape, culture, history, and environment
- Essential insight for travelers on recreation, transportation, and accommodations, as well as information on hike accessibility packaged in a book light enough to toss in your backpack
With Moon Canadian Rockies‘ practical tips, myriad activities, and an insider’s view on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
As a professional travel writer, Andrew Hempstead spends as much time as possible out on the road. He looks forward to spending every second summer at home in the Canadian Rockies, traveling mountain highways and hiking trails, exploring new places, and updating old favorites. He spends as much time as possible on the road, traveling incognito, experiencing the many and varied delights of the region just as his readers do.
Since the early 1990s, Andrew has authored and updated more than 60 guidebooks, and supplied content for regional and national clients like Expedia and KLM. His photography has appeared in a wide variety of media, ranging from international golf magazines to a Ripley’s Believe it or Not! Museum.
Andrew and his wife Dianne also own Summerthought Publishing, a Canadian regional publisher of nonfiction books. He is a member of The Diners Club® World’s 50 Best Restaurants Academy. Andrew has also spoken on travel writing to a national audience and has contributed to a university-level travel writing textbook.