Buy Moon Grand Canyon
Seventh Edition, October 2017
Price: $19.99 USD
Price: $14.99 USD
With 1.2 million acres of rocky expanse formed over millions of years, the Grand Canyon holds some of the country’s greatest natural treasures. Moon Grand Canyon guides you on an exploration of its grand drama, serene vistas, and diverse wildlife.
What You’ll Discover in Moon Grand Canyon:
- Unique perspective from Grand Canyon expert and avid hiker Kathleen Bryant
- Full-color photos and easy-to-use maps for reference and independent navigation
- Strategic itineraries for every trip and budget, including: The Best of the Grand Canyon, The Grand Canyon in One Day, A Romantic Winter Weekend, Best Day Hikes, Family Fun, The Wild Side, and Native American Legacy
- Focused coverage of the South Rim, the North Rim, the Inner Canyon, and Beyond the Boundaries
- Information on gateway cities, including Flagstaff, Williams, Page, Fredonia and Kanab
- Honest advice on finding the right accommodations and the best routes to and within the park
- Activities and ideas for every traveler: Go backcountry camping in the inner canyon, or rafting down the Colorado River. Head to the Havasupai reservation’s Havasu Canyon for a waterfall-filled hike, or horseback ride through splashes of wildflowers in the South Rim. Mountain bike along the Rainbow Rim, or stroll along a 70-foot-long skywalk stretching into the canyon. Explore the vast forests, plateaus, and history that lay beyond the park’s boundaries, shop and dine in the bustling Grand Canyon Village, or discover the canyon’s fascinating formation story at the Yavapai Geology Museum
- Detailed and thorough information, including crucial background on the landscape, plants and animals, history, and culture of the area and its surroundings
- Handy tools such as information on park fees, health and safety tips, and emergency resources
With Moon Grand Canyon‘s practical tips, myriad activities, and expert insight on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Kathleen Bryant was only six months old when her parents bundled her up for her first road trip West, and she’s been traveling ever since. Her Grand Canyon adventures include retracing part of Robert Stanton’s ill-fated 1889 expedition in Marble Canyon, rafting the Colorado River with a group of plein air painters, and following an archaeologist through remote side canyons to see centuries-old pictographs. She appreciates the way Grand Canyon holds all the Southwest’s landscapes: slickrock, forests, mountains, and desert.
An avid hiker and history buff, Kathleen has volunteered for Coconino National Forest, monitoring and stabilizing prehistoric sites and leading hikes in the Sedona area. Her passion for archaeology inspired her to write Kokopelli’s Gift, an award-winning children’s story. Her travel writing includes Moon Grand Canyon, Moon Four Corners, and the scenic guides Sedona and Red Rock Country and Four Corners: Timeless Lands of the Southwest. In Western National Parks’ Lodges Cookbook, she combines her love of travel and history with recipes from landmark park lodges. She has also contributed stories to American Archaeology, American Artist, Arizona Highways, Sunset, The Guardian, and other publications. She currently lives in Northern California.