Buy Moon Hanoi
First Edition, October 2017
Price: $14.99 USD
Price: $11.99 USD
Explore the soul of Vietnam in this thousand-year-old city of Hanoi with Moon Travel Guides!
What You’ll Find in Moon Hanoi:
- Expert, local author Dana Filek-Gibson shares everything she’s learned about this bustling city in her adopted country
- Full-color guidebook with vibrant, helpful photos
- Detailed directions and maps for exploring on your own, including information on Ha Long Bay and Sapa
- Strategic itineraries, such as a Ha Long Bay Cruise and A Long Weekend in Hanoi
- Activities for every traveler: Explore the labyrinthine karsts and limestone caves of Ha Long Bay. Learn about Hanoi’s history and heroes at the Temple of Literature and the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum. Soak up the sophisticated energy of Hanoi’s art scene and cafe-culture, or go dress-shopping in the city’s bustling older neighborhoods. Try a fresh batch of bia hoi, Vietnam’s craft beer, or sample the best pho in Vietnam
- Accurate information, including background on the history and culture
- Handy tools such as travel tips, safety information, and an easy to navigate format, all packaged in a book light enough to fit in your carry-on
With Moon Hanoi‘s practical tips, myriad activities, and an insiders view on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Fresh out of Emerson College, Dana Filek-Gibson moved to Saigon as an English teacher in 2010 and never left. Though she only intended to stay for a year, Vietnam’s phenomenal street food and breakneck pace of development hooked her from the very beginning. Over the next few months, she learned to speak Vietnamese, drive a motorbike, and safely cross the street: no easy feat in Ho Chi Minh City.
Since landing a job with AsiaLIFE, a local magazine, Dana has written about Vietnamese culture and tourism as well as the daily adventures that come with being a redheaded expat. In 2012, she cycled from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City. Her wanderlust has taken her beyond Vietnam to other corners of Southeast Asia, as well as Europe, Latin America, and Africa. She is an avid runner and hopes to one day complete a marathon in Southeast Asia.
Whether ringing in the lunar new year like a local or learning the finer details of how to judge a chicken beauty contest, she counts every day in Vietnam as a new adventure.