Buy Moon Havana
Second Edition, February 2018
Price: $16.99 USD
Price: $13.99 USD
Discover what countless literary icons have: an amalgam of stunning architecture, compelling history, and world-class cuisine. Fall in love with Havana with Cuba expert Christopher P. Baker’s Moon Havana.
What You’ll Discover in Moon Havana:
- Expert, knowledgeable perspective from Christopher P. Baker on the capital of the country he has studied for decades
- Full-color photos and detailed, easy-to-use maps for getting around on your own
- Strategic itineraries for every trip and budget, including: The Best of Havana in 5 Days, Viva la Revolución!, Havana’s Musical Feast, and Cars, Cigars, and Cabarets
- Honest advice on finding the best accommodations and navigating the city by car or public transportation
- Activities and ideas for every traveler: Stroll the tree-lined Prado in Old Havana (Habana Viejo), or hang out in one of Hemingway’s old haunts. Relax and people-watch in the sunshine in one of Havana’s quintessential plazas, or take a self-guided walking tour of the city’s key museums and galleries. Wind down with a classic mojito, and find the best spots in town for dining and dancing
- Detailed and thorough information, including crucial background on culture and history, geography, and language
- The most up-to-date and comprehensive guide to the essentials: travel laws, visas and officialdom, and health and safety tips
With Moon Havana‘s practical tips, myriad activities, and local insight on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Expanding your trip? Try Moon Cuba.
Christopher P. Baker
Christopher P. Baker was born and raised in Yorkshire, England. He received a BA in geography from University College, London, and masters degrees in Latin American studies from Liverpool University and in education from the Institute of Education, London University.
He began his writing career in 1978 as a contributing editor on Latin America for Land & Liberty, a London-based political journal. In 1980, he received a Scripps-Howard Foundation Scholarship in Journalism to attend the University of California, Berkeley.
Since 1983, Christopher-the 2008 Lowell Thomas Travel Journalist of the Year-has made his living as a professional travel writer, photographer, lecturer, and tour guide. He specializes in Cuba, about which he has written six books. He has contributed to more than 150 publications worldwide, including CNN Travel, National Geographic Traveler, Robb Report, and The Los Angeles Times. Christopher has been profiled in USA Today, appears frequently on radio and television talk shows and as a guest-lecturer aboard cruise ships, and has spoken at the National Press Club, World Affairs Council, and on National Geographic Live. He is a National Geographic Resident Expert and conducts tours of Cuba, Colombia, and Costa Rica and Panama for National Geographic Expeditions, among other leading tour companies. He also leads his own motorcycle tours of Cuba for U.S. citizens (www.cubamotorcycletours.com).
His many other books include Moon Costa Rica, Mi Moto Fidel: Motorcycling Through Castro’s Cuba, and Cuba Classics: A Celebration of Vintage American Automobiles.