Buy Moon Hawaii
Second Edition, September 2017
Price: $24.99 USD
Price: $16.99 USD
Unwind on the pristine beaches of Maui, hike the famed coastline of Kaua’i, or experience the melting pot culture of the Big Island. Discover the art of island-hopping with Moon Hawaii, the guide preferred by locals.
What You’ll Find in Moon Hawaii:
- Expert author and Honolulu local Kevin Whitton‘s unique and adventurous perspective on his home state
- Full-color photos and easy-to-use maps for navigating independently and island-hopping at your leisure
- Strategic itineraries for every trip and budget, including: The Two-Week All-Island Trip, One-Week Island Pairings, Best Beaches, Snorkeling and Diving, Best Surfing, Can’t-Miss Hikes, and Historical and Cultural Sites
- In-depth coverage of each island, with focused information on the best sites and activities, including: Waikiki, Pearl Harbor and the Leeward Coast, Maui’s Upcountry, East Maui and the Road to Hana, Lana’i, Moloka’i, Kona, Volcanoes National Park, the Hamakua Coast, Waimea, and the Saddle Road
- Honest advice on how to split your time, find the right accommodations, and navigate the islands
- Activities and ideas for every traveler: Go for an outrigger canoe ride, learn to surf the legendary waves, or relax on endless stretches of sandy beaches. Visit a piece of American history at Pearl Harbor and explore the burgeoning art and culinary scene of O’ahu’s Chinatown. Hike through lava fields, waterfalls, and lush forests, and get your fill of fresh produce at a local farmers market. Sample traditional Polynesian cuisine, or find the best spot for dining, dancing, and sunset romance.
- Detailed and thorough information, including crucial background on culture, history, and geography
- Handy tools such as lodging information, emergency resources, and useful phrases
With Moon Hawaii’s practical tips, myriad activities, and local insight on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Avid surfer and nature-lover Kevin Whitton has traveled extensively throughout Mexico, Indonesia, and Australia. He’s volunteered as a trail guide in a private Costa Rican rainforest preserve and as a snowmobile guide in Colorado’s Rocky Mountains. When confronted with the choice between living in the mountains and visiting the beach, or living at the beach and visiting the mountains, Kevin refused to choose, deciding to call O‘ahu home instead. Now when he waits for a wave at one of his favorite windward or North Shore surf breaks, he can gaze at the verdant mountains and revel in the best of both worlds.
Kevin is the author of the award-winning Green Hawai‘i: A Guide to a Sustainable and Energy Efficient Home and A Pocket Guide to Hawai‘i’s Botanical Gardens. He writes for Hawai‘i’s most notable regional publications, is active in the islands’ surf media, is the managing editor at Element Media, and is the co-founder and editor of GREEN: Hawai‘i’s Sustainable Living Magazine.