Buy Moon Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)
First Edition, October 2017
Price: $14.99 USD
Price: $11.99 USD
See why the fast-paced, neon-lit Ho Chi Minh City embodies the future of Vietnam with Moon Ho Chi Minh City!
What You’ll Find in Moon Ho Chi Minh City:
- Expert, local author Dana Filek-Gibson shares everything she’s learned about her bustling adopted hometown
- Full-color guidebook with vibrant, helpful photos
- Detailed directions and maps for exploring on your own, including information on the Cu Chi Tunnels, Tay Ninh, Vung Tau, and the Con Dao Islands
- Itineraries for every trip and budget, including “A Long Weekend in Ho Chi Minh City” and “Travel to Angkor Wat”
- Strategic advice on finding the best accommodations, getting around, and experiencing this cultural hub at its finest
- Activities and trip ideas: Explore the vibrant streets and shops of HCMC. Visit the War Remnants Museum and other historic sights to delve into the city’s past. Wander through the multilingual Ben Thanh Market to experience the energy of the city. Sample delicious street food in Northern District 1, representing all the variety southern Vietnam’s cuisine has to offer
- Accurate information, including background on the history and culture
- Handy tools such as travel tips, safety information, and an easy to navigate format, all packaged in a book light enough to fit in your carry-on
With Moon Ho Chi Minh City‘s practical tips, myriad activities, and an insiders view on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Fresh out of Emerson College, Dana Filek-Gibson moved to Saigon as an English teacher in 2010 and never left. Though she only intended to stay for a year, Vietnam’s phenomenal street food and breakneck pace of development hooked her from the very beginning. Over the next few months, she learned to speak Vietnamese, drive a motorbike, and safely cross the street: no easy feat in Ho Chi Minh City.
Since landing a job with AsiaLIFE, a local magazine, Dana has written about Vietnamese culture and tourism as well as the daily adventures that come with being a redheaded expat. In 2012, she cycled from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City. Her wanderlust has taken her beyond Vietnam to other corners of Southeast Asia, as well as Europe, Latin America, and Africa. She is an avid runner and hopes to one day complete a marathon in Southeast Asia.
Whether ringing in the lunar new year like a local or learning the finer details of how to judge a chicken beauty contest, she counts every day in Vietnam as a new adventure.