Buy Moon Iceland
First Edition, April 2016
Price: $19.99 USD
Price: $14.99 USD
In Iceland, fire and ice meet at the top of the world. Explore it all with Moon Iceland.
- Strategic Itineraries in an easy-to-navigate format, such as “Winter Wonders,” “Get Yourself in Hot Water,” “4-Day Iceland Getaway,” and “The Best of Reykjavk”
- Curated advice from local writer Jenna Gottlieb, who provides her American-expat perspective on her adopted home
- Full-color with vibrant, helpful photos
- Detailed maps and directions for exploring on your own
- In-depth coverage of Reykjavk, Reykjanes Peninsula and the South, Snfellsnes Peninsula and the Westfjords, North Iceland, East Iceland and the Eastfjords, and the Highlands
- Activities and ideas for every traveler:Walk across a glacier, visit volcanoes, and relax in a hot spring. Drive the Ring Road through stark and beautiful tundra. Explore Reykjavíks booming restaurant scene and incredible museums. Go whale watching and wildlife-spotting, and bask in the shimmering glow of the northern lights.
- Background information on the landscape, culture, history, and environment
- Essential insight for travelers on traveling during the challenging but rewarding winter season, recreation, transportation, and accommodations, as well as a handy Icelandic phrasebook, all packaged in a book light enough to fit in your carry-on
With Moon Iceland‘s practical tips, myriad activities, and an insiders view on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Originally from New York City, Jenna Gottlieb fell in love with Iceland in 2006 on a spur of the moment getaway. During that trip, there were many firsts: her first time riding a horse, walking behind a waterfall, and being served dishes like singed sheep’s head and sour ram testicles. She survived and continued to return, permanently relocating to Iceland in 2012.
While researching and writing this book, Jenna discovered new favorites and revisited old haunts. Her favorite experiences in Iceland include puffin watching, hiking in the north, and spending as much time in the West Fjords as possible.
A freelance writer specializing in travel, business, and lifestyle, Jenna has contributed to the Associated Press, CNN Travel, the Independent, New York Post, and the Reykjavik Grapevine, among others. You can see some of her published work at jennagottlieb.com.