Buy Moon London Walks
First Edition, September 2017
Price: $13.99 USD
Price: $9.99 USD
Experience London like a local: on foot!
Whether you’re shopping on the high street, strolling lively street markets, or admiring renowned modern art, discover London’s highlights and local favorites with Moon London Walks. This full-color guide features:
- Six customizable walks through the city’s hippest neighborhoods, including Shoreditch, Chelsea, Marylebone, and more, with color-coded stops and turn-by-turn directions
- Foldout maps of each route and a removable full-city map, in a handy, portable guide
- Curated “Top Ten” lists for restaurants, nightlife, markets, and Sunday activities
- The top attractions and the best-kept local secrets: Head to Portobello Road Market to browse vintage treasures, or treat yourself at upscale department stores like Harrods. Make your way to the Tate Modern and other world-famous art galleries, take in London’s history at Westminster Abbey, and watch the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace. Take a leisurely stroll through Regent’s Park, enjoy afternoon tea at a stylish hotel, or grab a pint and some fish and chips before heading to the theatre. Sip craft cocktails in an old train station, discover the hippest new gastropub, or watch the sun set over the city from a chic rooftop bar
- Public transportation options, including the underground, public buses, and taxis
- Practical tips for first-time visitors, including average costs, where you’ll need to make a reservation, public holidays, and getting to and from the airport
With creative routes, public transit options, and a full-city map, you can explore London at your own pace, without missing a beat.
Check out our guides to more of the world’s liveliest cities, so you can hit the ground running! Also available: Moon Barcelona Walks, Moon Berlin Walks, Moon New York Walks, Moon Amsterdam Walks, Moon Paris Walks, and Moon Rome Walks.
Moon travel guidebooks are published by Avalon Travel, an imprint of Perseus Books, a Hachette Book Group company. Moon was founded by Bill Dalton in 1973 with the publication of his own legendary Indonesia Handbook, soon followed by Handbooks to Japan, the South Pacific, and Arizona. Moon specializes in guides to the United States, while also publishing books on Canada, Mexico, The Caribbean, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Pacific. The Avalon Travel office is in Berkeley, California, and our authors call places all over the world home.