Buy Moon Maryland
Second Edition, May 2017
Price: $17.99 USD
Price: $13.99 USD
Explore the rustic beauty of the Chesapeake Bay, experience Baltimore’s unique urban vibe, and uncover a slice of classic Americana with Moon Maryland.
What you’ll find in Moon Maryland:
- Strategic itineraries for any budget and timeline, ranging from weekend trips to Washington DC and Baltimore, to five days on the Eastern Shore
- Detailed maps and handy reference photos throughout
- Curated advice for history buffs, foodies, beach-goers, outdoor adventurers, and more
- Must-see attractions and off-beat ideas for making the most of your trip: Explore Baltimore’s world-class museums, check out the National Aquarium, or wander the bustling Inner Harbor. Browse the trendy boutiques in historic Annapolis and unwind with a craft beer as the boats sway in the harbor. Visit the U.S. Naval Academy, or hear the stories behind Revolutionary War battlefields and Civil War landmarks. Hike verdant trails, go rock climbing on Sugarloaf Mountain, or try your hand at sailing. Relax on a quiet beach, spot wild ponies roaming freely, and crack claws at an authentic crab shack
- Honest advice from Maryland expert Michaela Riva Gaaserud on when to go, what to pack, and where to stay, from luxury hotels and historic inns to beach campgrounds
- Recommendations for families, LGBTQ+ travelers, seniors, international visitors, traveling with pets, and travelers with disabilities
- Thorough background on the culture, weather, wildlife, and history
With Moon’s local insight, diverse activities, and expert tips on experiencing the best of Maryland, you can plan your trip your way!
Michaela Riva Gaaserud
Michaela Riva Gaaserud is a native Virginian and longtime resident of the Washington DC area. Some of her earliest memories are of playing travel guide to visiting relatives as they went to the museums and monuments in Washington DC. Inspired by the enthusiasm she witnessed from first-timers to the city, Michaela began looking for hidden secrets to share with her audience. A particularly inspiring school field trip to the underground depths of the Lincoln Memorial sealed her love for discovering and sharing the marvels of her own backyard.
Michaela has published travel guides on various aspects of the Washington DC region, and her articles have appeared in newspapers, magazines, and international publications such as Canoe & Kayak Magazine and Paddler Magazine. Other publications include Lake Placid: With the Olympic Village, Lake George and New York’s Adirondacks; From Fairbanks to Boston: 50 Great U.S. Marathons; From Kona to Lake Placid: 50 Great U.S. Triathlons; and Sea Kayaking the Baltimore/Washington, D.C. Area. After the publication of this last book, she became a sought-after speaker and was featured in a kayaking documentary. She is also a founding partner at Rainmaker Publishing and an executive producer at Eddyline Media.