Buy Moon Maui
Tenth Edition, September 2016
Price: $19.99 USD
Price: $13.99 USD
Make Your Escape!
With endless stretches of golden sand and waters teeming with beauty, Maui epitomizes the magic that Hawaii has to offer. Immerse yourself in the wonders of the island with Moon Maui, the travel guidebook preferred by locals.
What You’ll Find in Moon Maui:
- Local author and trailblazer Kyle Ellison’s adventurous perspective on his home island
- Full-color guides with vibrant, helpful photos, all in an easy-to-navigate format
- Detailed directions and over 20 maps for exploring on your own
- Itineraries for every trip and budget with options for rainy days, including: Maui in 10 Days, Best Beaches, Outdoor Adventures, Best Snorkeling and Diving, Best Surfing, Honeymoon Hotspots, Best Hikes, Historical and Cultural Sites
- In-depth coverage for Lahaina and West Maui, Central Maui, Kihei and South Maui, Haleakala and Upcountry, East Maui, as well as the nearby islands of Lanaʻi and Molokaʻi
- Honest advice on finding the best accommodations, accessible transportation, and experiencing the real Maui
- Activities and ideas for every traveler: snorkel with sea turtles, catch the perfect wave, or go whale-watching. Travel the Road to Hana, or hike and bike through miles of verdant trails. Unwind at a spa, or spend a relaxing day fishing. Visit the island’s remarkable historic sites, or attend a traditional luau and sample Polynesian cuisine
- Accurate information, researched by a local, including background on the landscape, plants and animals, history, and culture
- Handy tools such as detailed lodging information and suggestions on LGBT+ travel and eco-tourism, all in a book light enough for your beach bag
With Moon Maui’s practical tips, myriad activities, and local insight on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Kyle Ellison began researching the island of Maui when he first moved there at the tender age of five. Back then, the island still had three sugar mills, Wailea didn’t exist, and early mornings were punctuated by the sound of bombs falling on Kaho’olawe. The island has changed considerably since then, but Kyle’s love of Maui has remained.
A Maui resident, surfer, and diver, Kyle has led groups of divers as a divemaster at Molokini, led scuba tours on the island of Lana’i, hosted hundreds of hikers on Maui, and proposed to his wife off the island of Moloka’i while diving with hammerhead sharks. Kyle’s son can usually be found splashing in the water at Baldwin Beach.
As a freelance writer, Kyle’s work has appeared in the San Francisco Chronicle, Travel + Leisure, Maui No Ka ‘Oi, Ka’anapali Magazine, AOL Travel, Escape, Journey Viator, Gadling, Afar, and the Huffington Post, and on the Travel Channel. His travels have taken him to 65 countries and 49 U.S. states. He also helped found a nonprofit organization that provides scholarships for students in Cambodia.
For more info on Kyle and his travels, visit him at kylethevagabond.com, or on Twitter and Instagram @kylethevagabond.