Buy Moon Michigan
Sixth Edition, May 2017
Price: $21.99 USD
Price: $14.99 USD
Moon Michigan reveals the best of the Great Lakes States’ charming small towns, vibrant urban hubs, and vast, untouched wilderness.
What you’ll find in Moon Michigan:
- Full coverage of Michigan, from Detroit and Ann Arbor to Mackinac Island and the Upper Peninsula
- Strategic itineraries for every budget and timeline, curated for beach-goers, hikers, wine enthusiasts, history buffs, road-trippers, and more
- Must-see attractions and ideas for making the most of your trip: Hike through evergreen forests or along freshwater coastlines, catch a glimpse of wild moose and black bears, and set up camp under a crystal-clear summer sky. Spend your days fishing, boating, and swimming in pristine lakes, or snowmobiling and cross-country skiing. Browse galleries and gardens in Ann Arbor, or explore Motor City’s rich industrial and musical history. Take a romantic carriage ride on Mackinac or a scenic tour of wine country, and discover the best spots to see fall foliage
- Honest advice from lifelong Michigander Paul Vachon on when to go, what to pack, and where to stay, from campsites and motels to golf resorts and lakeside lodges
- Detailed maps and helpful reference photos throughout
- Recommendations for families, LGBTQ+ travelers, international visitors, seniors, and visitors with disabilities
- Thorough background on the culture, weather, wildlife, and history, plus tips on getting there and getting around by car and public transportation
With Moon’s local insight, diverse ideas, and expert advice on the best of Michigan, you can plan your trip your way.
Lifelong Michigander Paul Vachon’s introduction to the Upper Peninsula came as a childhood trip to the fascinating Soo Locks in Sault Ste. Marie. From that point forward, he developed a love for travel in general, and for Michigan in particular. Over the years, Paul has visited virtually every corner of the Great Lakes State. One of his favorite pastimes is heading “up north” on I-75 to any of a myriad of Michigan destinations. Paul has also traveled extensively within and outside of the United States. His international destinations have included the U.S. Virgin Islands, Canada, Guatemala, Denmark, Italy, Israel, and Egypt.
Paul began his writing career in 2008 and covers topics as diverse as travel, Detroit history, business, education, and green living. He is the author of three books on Detroit-area history: Forgotten Detroit, South Oakland County, and Legendary Locals of Detroit.
Paul lives with his wife, Sheryl, and their son, Evan, in Oak Park, a suburb of Detroit. You can learn more about Paul by visiting his website, paulvachonwrites.com.