Buy Moon New York State
Seventh Edition, November 2017
Price: $21.99 USD
Price: $14.99 USD
Moon Travel Guides: A New Way to Discover New York State!
Writer and New Yorker Julie Schweitert Collazo shares her tips on exploring the Empire State. From the iconic metropolis of New York City to the rural beauty of the Finger Lakes, Moon New York State has activities for every traveler.
What You’ll Discover in Moon New York State:
- Local perspective from New Yorker Julie Schweitert Collazo
- Expertly crafted maps and helpful reference photos
- Strategic itineraries for every trip and budget, including: Day Trips from New York City, Wild New York, Food and Wine Trails, State of the Arts, and NYC Like a Local
- Focused coverage of New York City, Long Island, the Hudson Valley and the Catskills, the Capital-Saratoga region, the Adirondacks, the Finger Lakes and Thousand Islands-Seaway, and Buffalo and the Niagara region
- Honest advice on finding the right accommodations and getting around by car or on public transportation
- Activities and ideas for every traveler: Visit historic landmarks and explore the charming riverside towns of the Hudson Valley. Gaze at the sublime falls of Niagara and the Adirondacks, or have lunch at the Culinary Institute of America. Meander the High Line, browse the quirky boutiques of Lower Manhattan, and grab a nightcap at a rooftop bar. Go hiking and camping in the Catskills, or discover the best spots for dining, dancing, and romance.
- Detailed and thorough information, including background on culture, history, and geography
With Moon New York State‘s practical tips, myriad activities, and local insight on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Julie Schwietert Collazo
Like most New Yorkers, Julie Schwietert Collazo took a long time to discover the state beyond “the city so nice they decided to name it New York twice.” When she finally started exploring beyond the five boroughs while on assignment for the BBC, she discovered just how much of America’s history can be traced back to New York. She also realized how incredibly diverse the state is, both culturally and geographically. From the Amish country in western New York to the watery Thousand Islands, New York State has so much for travelers to discover.
Together, Julie and her husband, Cuban-born photographer Francisco Collazo, have published work in TIME, Discover, National Geographic Traveler, Scientific American, and numerous other publications. They live in Long Island City with their two children, who both got their passports at one month of age and are accustomed to being packed up and buckled into the seat of a car, plane, or train at a moment’s notice.