Buy Moon Newfoundland & Labrador
First Edition, July 2017
Price: $14.99 USD
Price: $11.99 USD
Travel writer and Canadian resident Andrew Hempstead shares his expert perspective on Newfoundland and Labrador, guiding you on a memorable and unique experience.
Immerse yourself in the beauty and adventure of these island provinces with Moon Newfoundland & Labrador.
- Strategic itineraries in an easy-to-navigate format covering the two-week Best of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Curated advice from local Andrew Hempstead, who shares the secrets of his beloved islands with you
- Full-color with vibrant, helpful photos
- Detailed maps and directions with driving times and mileage
- Activities and ideas for every traveler: Spot wildlife like moose, foxes, and loons by hiking the rugged scenery of the islands, or sail alongside knowledgeable skippers to see whales and icebergs. Try your hand at sportfishing, or venture out into the wilderness of the Torgnat Mountains. Follow the the Irish Loop to enjoy stunning scenery out your car window. Picnic at a clifftop Lighthouse, or sample the smogasboard of seafood fresh from the Atlantic
- In-depth coverage of St. John’s and the Avalon Peninsula, Burin Peninsula, Bonavista Peninsula, Clarenville, Deer Lake, Port-aux-Basques, Gors Morne National Park, Labrador
- Background information on the landscape, culture, history, and environment
- Essential insight for travelers on recreation, transportation, and accommodations, packaged in a book light enough to toss in your bag
With Moon Newfoundland and Labrador’s practical tips, myriad activities, and an insider’s view on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
As a professional travel writer, Andrew Hempstead spends as much time as possible out on the road. He looks forward to spending every second summer at home in the Canadian Rockies, traveling mountain highways and hiking trails, exploring new places, and updating old favorites. He spends as much time as possible on the road, traveling incognito, experiencing the many and varied delights of the region just as his readers do.
Since the early 1990s, Andrew has authored and updated more than 60 guidebooks, and supplied content for regional and national clients like Expedia and KLM. His photography has appeared in a wide variety of media, ranging from international golf magazines to a Ripley’s Believe it or Not! Museum.
Andrew and his wife Dianne also own Summerthought Publishing, a Canadian regional publisher of nonfiction books. He is a member of The Diners Club® World’s 50 Best Restaurants Academy. Andrew has also spoken on travel writing to a national audience and has contributed to a university-level travel writing textbook.