Buy Moon Puerto Rico
Fourth Edition, September 2015
Price: $19.99 USD
Price: $13.99 USD
This full-color guide includes vibrant photos and easy-to-use maps to help with trip planning.
Travel journalist Suzanne Van Atten covers the best of Puerto Rico—from its spectacular beaches and classic golf courses to its rich Spanish culture. Van Atten also includes creative travel ideas for a variety of travelers, including “Puerto Rico for Thrill-Seekers,” “Romantic Escapes,” and “Sun and Surf.” With expert advice on exploring the El Yunque rainforest and the underground caves at Las Cavernas del Rio Camuy, Moon Puerto Rico gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Puerto Rico
Enjoy the very best of Puerto Rico with these itineraries and trip ideas:
- Best of Puerto Rico
- On the Coffee Trail
- Best Day Trips
- A Day and a Night in San Juan
- Romantic Escapes
- Dance the Night Away
- Touring the Cordillera Central
- Sun and Surf
- Puerto Rico for Thrill-Seekers
Explore what Puerto Rico has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- San Juan
- Vieques and Culebra
- East Coast including Loiza and Pinones, Rio Grande, Luqillo, Fajardo, Naguabo and Humacao, Yabucao and Maunabo
- South Coast including Ponce and Vicinity, Coamo and Salinas, Guayama and Patillas
- West Coast including Isabela, Aquadilla, San Sebastian, Rincon, Mayaquez, Cabo Rojo, La Parguera, San German, Guanica
- North Coast including Toa Baja and Toa Alta, Dorado, Vega Alta and Vega Baja, Manati and Barceloneta, Arecibo, Camuy, Hatillo, Quebradillas
- Cordillera Central including Cguas and Cayey, Aibonito and Barranquitas, Orocovis, Morovis, Ciales, Jayuya, Utuado, Adjuntas, Lares
Resources include a Spanish Phrasebook
Suzanne Van Atten
Travel writer Suzanne Van Atten has written about destinations throughout the United States, Mexico, South America, the Caribbean, and Europe. She has barhopped in Barcelona, slept in a Jesuit monastery on the Amalfi coast, crewed a hot air balloon in New Mexico, gone white-water rafting in Tennessee, and gotten lost too many times to count.
Amidst all these travels, she always returns to Puerto Rico, a place she fell in love with when she lived there as a teenager. The country’s rich culture, postcard-perfect beaches, lush tropical jungle, cobblestone streets, pastel colors, lively music, and the joie de vivre of its people colluded to seduce her. No matter how many times she returns, she always discovers something new and delightful.
Suzanne is a creative writing instructor, an editor for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, and a Pushcart Prize-nominated essayist who’s been published in the Gettysburg Review, The Chattahoochee Review, and Full Grown People.