Buy Moon Rome Walks
First Edition, September 2017
Price: $13.99 USD
Price: $9.99 USD
Experience Rome like a local: on foot!
Enjoy a stroll (or passeggiata) through the bustling streets and cobblestone alleyways of the Eternal City, an ancient capital brimming with vibrant life. This full-color guide features:
- Six customizable walks through the city’s hippest neighborhoods, including Prati, Trastevere, Monti, and more, with color-coded stops and turn-by-turn directions
- Foldout maps of each route and a removable full-city map, in a handy, portable guide
- Curated “Top Ten” lists for restaurants, famous film locations, Sunday activities, and nightlife
- The top attractions and the best-kept local secrets: Wander along winding side streets and find traditional artisans, rare antiques, and trendy boutiques. Walk past the designer displays on Via dei Condotti, take a romantic evening stroll through the Villa Borghese, or people-watch from the Spanish Steps. Admire world-famous works by Bernini and Michelangelo, tour the Roman Forum and the Colosseum, or throw a coin into the Trevi Fountain. Mingle with locals at a Sunday market, find the best neighborhood pizza al taglio or fresh pasta, and discover innovative restaurants, trendy wine bars, and the city’s most popular nightclubs
- Public transportation options, including the metro, public buses, and taxis
- Practical tips for first-time visitors, such as average costs, where you’ll need to make a reservation, public holidays, and getting to and from the airport
With creative routes, public transit options, and a full-city map, you can explore Rome at your own pace, without missing a beat.
Check out our guides to more of the world’s liveliest cities, so you can hit the ground running! Also available: Moon Barcelona Walks, Moon Berlin Walks, Moon New York Walks, Moon Amsterdam Walks, Moon Paris Walks, and Moon London Walks.
Moon travel guidebooks are published by Avalon Travel, an imprint of Perseus Books, a Hachette Book Group company. Moon was founded by Bill Dalton in 1973 with the publication of his own legendary Indonesia Handbook, soon followed by Handbooks to Japan, the South Pacific, and Arizona. Moon specializes in guides to the United States, while also publishing books on Canada, Mexico, The Caribbean, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Pacific. The Avalon Travel office is in Berkeley, California, and our authors call places all over the world home.