Buy Moon West Coast RV Camping
Fourth Edition, June 2015
Price: $24.99 USD
Price: $16.99 USD
Moon West Coast RV Camping reveals the true spirit of the West Coast. Inside you’ll find:
- A Campsite for Everyone: A variety of RV parks and campgrounds from scenic state parks to convenient roadside stopovers, marked with amenities like restrooms, picnic areas, laundry, piped water, showers, and playgrounds, with advice on nearby recreation
- Ratings and Essentials: All campsites are rated for scenery and key features, such as dog-friendly, kid-friendly, or wheelchair accessible, and highlights like waterfalls, beaches, historic sites, hot springs, wildlife, and wildflowers
- Maps and Directions: Easy-to-use maps and detailed driving directions for each campground
- Top RV Parks and Campgrounds: Lists of the best spots to camp for families, fishing, hiking, and more help you choose where to go in Washington, Oregon, and California
- Trusted Advice: Expert outdoorsman Tom Stienstra is always on the move, having traveled more than a million miles across Washington, Oregon, and California for the past 30 years
- Tips and Tools: Information on equipment, food and cooking, recreation, first aid, and insect protection, as well as background on the climate, landscape, and history of the campsites
Whether you’re a veteran or taking out the RV for the first time, Moon’s comprehensive coverage and trusted advice will have you ready to fill up the gas tank and embark on an adventure.
Picked a specific spot on the West Coast? Try Moon California Camping or Moon Oregon Camping. Looking for some focused advice on other outdoor activities? Check out Moon 101 Great Hikes of the San Francisco Bay Area.
For over 30 years, Tom Stienstra’s full-time job has been to capture and communicate the outdoor experience. This has led him across California — fishing, hiking, camping, boating, biking, and flying — searching for the best of the outdoors and then writing about it.
Tom is the nation’s top-selling author of outdoors guidebooks. He has been inducted into the California Outdoor Hall of Fame and has twice been awarded National Outdoor Writer of the Year, newspaper division, by the Outdoor Writers Association of America. He has also been named California Outdoor Writer of the Year five times, most recently in 2007. Tom is the outdoors columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle; his articles appear on sfgate.com and in newspapers around the country. He also broadcasts a weekly radio show on KCBS-San Francisco.
Tom lives in Northern California. You can contact him directly via the website tomstienstra.com. His guidebooks include:
Moon California Hiking (with Ann Marie Brown)
Moon California Fishing
Moon California Recreational Lakes & Rivers
Moon Northern California Cabins & Cottages
Moon Northern California Camping
Moon Northern California Hiking (with Ann Marie Brown)
Moon Oregon Camping
Moon Pacific Northwest Camping
Moon Washington Camping
Moon West Coast RV Camping
Tom Stienstra’s Bay Area Recreation