Moon Guides Author Spotlight
Candacy Taylor is an award-winning author, cultural critic and photographer with a master’s degree in visual criticism. She started driving Route 66 more than 20 years ago and fell in love with the Mother Road while researching her book, Counter Culture: The American Coffee Shop Waitress.
Taylor has traveled more than 300,000 miles documenting stories about American culture and identity and has a deep respect for hospitality industry workers because she worked in hotels and restaurants for 12 years. She has lived in every region of the country, eaten in over 8,000 restaurants and stayed in more than 4,000 hotels. Some of her best memories touring Route 66 are walking through the historic La Posada Harvey House in Winslow, AZ; eating green chile enchiladas at Tia Sophia’s in Santa Fe, NM; going to the Sno-Cap in Seligman, AZ; and listening to Angel Delgadillo tell stories about Route 66.
Candacy Taylor is the author of Moon Death Valley National Park.
Other Road Trip Guides
- Moon Blue Ridge Parkway Road Trip
- Moon California Road Trip
- Moon Florida Road Trip
- Moon New England Road Trip
- Moon Pacific Coast Highway Road Trip
- Moon Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- Moon Route 66 Road Trip
- Moon Southwest Road Trip
- Moon Vancouver & Canadian Rockies Road Trip
- Road Trip USA
- Road Trip USA Appalachian Trail
- Road Trip USA Atlantic Coast
- Road Trip USA Great River Road
- Road Trip USA Pacific Coast Highway
- Road Trip USA Route 66