Moon Guides Author Spotlight
Raised deep in the mountains of West Virginia, Jason Frye first fell in love with North Carolina as a kid during family vacations to the Outer Banks. In 2002, he swapped his mountains for sand dunes and his river for an ocean when he moved to Wilmington to pursue a master of fine arts in creative writing. There, his love for North Carolina deepened into a longing to stay, settle, explore, and be a part of the people, culture, and history of the state.
Along with his wife, Lauren, Jason has kayaked the marshes and waterways near his home; hang glided off the Outer Banks; explored the cityscapes of Charlotte, Raleigh, and Winston-Salem; and wandered the woods and wilds around Asheville.
A member of the Society of American Travel Writers, Jason has contributed stories to VisitNC.com, AAA’s Go Magazine, Our State magazine, Southern Living, Salt, the Charlotte Observer and Raleigh News & Observer, and acts as a culinary critic for the Wilmington StarNews.
Keep up with Jason on Instagram @beardedwriter.
Other Florida & Southern States Travel Guides
- Moon Asheville & the Great Smoky Mountains
- Moon Atlanta
- Moon Blue Ridge & Smoky Mountains
- Moon Blue Ridge Parkway Road Trip
- Moon Carolinas & Georgia
- Moon Charleston
- Moon Charleston & Savannah
- Moon Coastal Carolinas
- Moon Florida Road Trip
- Moon Georgia
- Moon Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Moon Kentucky
- Moon Memphis
- Moon Nashville
- Moon Nashville to New Orleans Road Trip
- Moon New Orleans
- Moon North Carolina
- Moon North Carolina Coast
- Moon Savannah
- Moon South Carolina
- Moon Tennessee
- Road Trip USA
- Road Trip USA: Appalachian Trail
- Road Trip USA: Atlantic Coast
- Road Trip USA: Great River Road